TEAM WILKERSON RACING
LEVI, RAY & SHOUP NHRA Nitro Funny Car
WILK RUNS A THREE, TO RACE FROM THE 10th SPOT
Tim Wilkerson went 1-for-2 on Saturday in Las Vegas, lifting after dropping a cylinder in Q3 and then posting a nice 3.992 in Q4. The only problem was a recurring one, in a class gone wild for threes. Wilk's 3.99 only netted him the No. 10 spot on the grid. He'll race Chad Head in round one.
"How's that for crazy, in a crazy year," Wilk asked, rhetorically. "Coming into this season our career best was a 4.01 and I thought that was as nearly flawless a run as we'd ever made. Now, we're running 3.99s and aren't even close to the top half of the field. It's just nuts how far the whole class has pushed itself this season. We'll go out there tomorrow in conditions we haven't seen since we got here, and we'll roll the dice just like the other 15 teams on the ladder will. We'll just do the best we can."
Funny Car Pairings for Round 1
(1) Tommy Johnson vs (16) Bob Bode
(2) Courtney Force vs (15) Paul Lee
(3) Robert Hight vs (14) Gary Densham
(4) Jack Beckman vs (13) Tony Pedregon
(5) Ron Capps vs (12) Cruz Pedregon
(6) Del Worsham vs (11) Matt Hagan
(7) Chad Head vs (10) Tim Wilkerson
(8) John Force vs (9) Alexis DeJoria