Become a part of an industry leading company!
Goodson Tools & Supplies has been serving the Automotive Aftermarket for over 75 years; providing tools, tooling and supplies to automotive machine shops worldwide. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people to help us build on our commitment to customer service and quality products while moving into the future.
Due to retirements and internal transfers, Goodson has the following openings:
Automotive Engine Building Technical Services Advisor
Do you have a passion for building car or truck engines? Do you love to teach or share your experience? Goodson has an opportunity for you or someone you know.
Goodson Tools & Supplies, the leader in the automotive machine shop supply industry is searching for an individual to join our Technical Services Department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Advising customers on the proper use of Goodson products.
- Advising customers on engine machining procedures.
- Providing technical specifications for various engines, including passenger vehicles, light duty trucks, heavy duty trucks, diesel engines and more.
- Helping customers choose the correct abrasives, both grinding wheels and grinding/sanding belts, for a wide range of applications.
- Educating co-workers about our tools and supplies, enabling them to better assist customers.
- Occasional travel to trade shows required.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Automotive engine building experience, completion of an automotive machinist program or willingness to obtain certification within one year of hire.
- Good communication and people skills. This position will have extensive interaction with customers and co-workers.
- Computer literate — we are a technology driven company.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and professionally.
To apply, contact Richard Orlikowski by phone (800-533-8010) or email.
Goodson is an employee-owned company engaged in the manufacture and distribution of tools and supplies for engine builders, coated abrasive belts and discs as well as the sizing and shaping of abrasive grinding wheels for industry. We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401k with matching, profit sharing, employee stock ownership plan, employee discounts, short & long term disability and paid vacation and holidays.
Goodson is located in Winona, Minnesota - a beautiful community on the Mississippi River. It's a great place to live and work.