Today's episode of Tech Lab Tuesday is the start of a multi-part series on the Goodson 3-D Fast Cut Valve Seat Cutting System. In this episode, Dave Monyhan talks about our new 3-D Fast Cut Setting Micrometer (MGA-MIC). This tool has undergone a total rework so that we could bring it back to you.
Posts in the Tech Lab Tuesday category
Ever wondered what services Goodson Tools & Supplies provides? In this video, Dave Monyhan explains the core services we hang our hats on, including same-day shipping, technical training for customer service reps, no minimum orders, an iron-clad guarantee and more.
Dave explains our services very well, but if you want to know more, check out the links below.
We've had the High Pressure Oil Gallery Cleaning System (HPOG) for a few years now and it's time to update our demonstration video. In this episode of Tech Lab Tuesday, Dave Monyhan takes us into the great outdoors of Minnesota to show how easy it is to clean engine bores with the HPOG system. This video is closed captioned which will come in handy when the cleaning begins.
Products Used In This Video:
In today's episode of Tech Lab Tuesday, Dave Monyhan wraps up our short series on crankshaft work. This video walks you through prepping the crankshaft for polishing and then he demonstrates the polishing procedure. There's lot of information in this video so hold on tight. Closed Captions Included.
You might also like:
Products Used In The Video
- Crankshaft Polisher (PCP-1072)
- Rockwell Hardness Tester (HT-45RC)
- Crankshaft Journal Radius Gauge (RG-16)
- Eliptibur Tool (EBT-15)
- Quick-Set Crankshaft Grinder Dial Indicator (MDI-12)
- Professional Measuring & Inspection Stand (PMIS-30)
- Oil Gallery Brushes - Nylon Bristles (OGB)
- 1" Long Heavy Metal
- 1.2" Long Heavy Metal
- Crank Welding Plug Rods
This week's episode of Tech Lab Tuesday is the start of a 2-part series on Crankshaft Polishing. In this video Dave Monyhan explains the differences between the polishing belts available from Goodson. Sit back, there's lots of information in this video. Closed Captioning Included.
Products From This Video:
You Might Also Like:
We step out of the Tech Lab for today's Tech Lab Tuesday video. We're talking about Grinding Wheel Slotting. Goodson Production Manager, Jon Kukowski, shows how the process is done while Dave Monyhan describes the steps and the reasons for having wheels slotted.
For more information about having your grinding wheels slotted, contact Goodson at 1-800-533-8010 today.
In this Tech Lab Tuesday video, Dave Monyhan explains the differences between Core Drills, Core Reamers and regular Valve Guide Reamers. As the industry has changed so have these important tools. Dave gives a recap of the how and why of these changes.
Hang on through the end and you'll get to see a blooper.
Products Discussed in This Video:
- Piloted Core Drills
- Piloted Core Reamers
- Core Drill / Reamer Combination (Serdi-Style, Universal)
- Small Reamers for Cast Iron or Bronze MR Series Reamers
- High Speed Steel Reamers for Cast Iron WR Series Reamers (3/16" Drive or 1/4" Drive)
- Carbide HGR Series Reamers
- Knurling Tools
- Knurlube & Bronze Reaming Oil
- Guide Tooling for 24V 7mm Cummins
- Drive Adaptors
This week's episode of our Video Series, Tech Lab Tuesday, continues on last week's theme with a look at Chemical Crack Detection.
When you're inspecting an aluminum head or block, you can't turn to magnetic particle inspection so one of your alternatives is to use chemicals. In this video, Dave Monyhan explains the how and why of using them.
Products used in this video
- Alumni-Chek Crack Detection Sprays
- Alumni-Check Crack Detection Spray Kit
- Goodson Glow Crack Detection Sprays
- Maxxeon UV Pen Inspection Light
Want to know more about Crack Detection & Repair, check out these other resources:
In this week's episode of Tech Lab Tuesday, Dave Monyhan talks about Crack Detection. More specifically Magnetic Particle Inspection.
Products used in this video:
- 115V Electronic Crack Detector with 10 lbs. pull (MMP-100)
- 115V Electronic Crack Detector with 22 lbs. pull (MMP-210)
- Non-Fluorescent Magnetic Powder Red | White | Yellow
- Magnetic Powder Applicator Bulb (WCD-266-G)
- Magnetic Powder Atomizer Assembly (MM-301)
- Magnetic Crack Detection Spray (MFA-16)
- UV Leak Detection Pen / Inspection Light (DFL-364)
More on Crack Detection & Repair
In today's episode of Tech Lab Tuesday Dave takes us to the flywheel grinder again. Having performed routine maintenance he's ready to go.
NOTE: Some safety guards were removed for demonstration purposes only. Always use all safety guards when operating machinery.
You Might Also Like These Videos
Choosing the Right Flywheel Grinding Stone